The Production Supervisor is ultimately responsible for overseeing the successful scheduling of production, and monitoring quality and on-time delivery of urethane products throughout the manufacturing process. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Direct Reports include Machine Shop lead, Grinding lead, and all casting personnel.
Urethane Innovators has built a positive, collaborative environment where all team members’ ideas are sought and valued with regard to solving challenges for our customers. As part of this environment, you’ll work independently and also as part of the team. We highly value a “yes, we can” attitude.
This position requires that you lift a minimum of 40 pounds, as well as bend, lift, stoop and stand for prolonged periods.
- Report and address safety concerns affecting Manufacturing personnel and equipment
- Monitor attendance of direct and indirect reports
- Conduct performance reviews and development of direct reports
- Monitor Quality throughout the Manufacturing departments and work with QA department to reduce scrap and exceed company goals
- Schedule production throughout the facility to maximize effectiveness, throughput, delivery and cost
- Actively participate in Production meetings and planning sessions
- Attend periodic staff meetings and provide information to management on the status of all Manufacturing operations
- Establish workforce requirements and schedule workforce assignments
- In concert with UI staff, help plan and develop weekly, monthly and quarterly strategies designed to meet customer and company needs
- Monitor and report on the performance of Manufacturing, develop goals for this performance, facilitate direction and provide plans to achieve these goals or corrective actions to improve upon them
- Monitor and update labor and material requirements for all manufactured items
- Recommend staffing needs to management
- Work well with and motivate others
- Follow all safety guidelines and observe all Company policies and procedures
- Support the goals and objectives of the Company
- Fork lift driver experience
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Proven leadership aptitude and ability to motivate others
- Proven verbal and writing communication skills
- Self Starter: Takes personal initiative, keeps busy and productive, readily accepts responsibility
- Superior interpersonal abilities, and the ability to communicate with diverse personalities, foreign and domestic
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent (e.g. 2-4 years manufacturing and supervisory experience)
- Fluent in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and management
- Some understanding of urethane casting, processing and machining is beneficial, but not required
Salary: TBD based on experience
To apply, please send a PDF (no Word docs, please) of your résumé to Gus Dylla.