The Quality Control Supervisor contributes to the success of the company and customers by ensuring the overall quality of ingredients and finished products in accordance with company’s standards. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety for an entire business unit on shift.
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of Quality Technician, setting quality assurance standards, and aligning the organization to achieve these standards.
This position requires that you lift a minimum of 40 pounds, as well as bend, lift, stoop and stand for prolonged periods. You may also be required to operate a forklift or manufacturing equipment. This position may require off-shift or weekend work.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities
- Provides technical and process knowledge for product batching, product testing, package testing and supplier capability
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of manufacturing equipment and processing, and its related impact on the overall quality
- Oversees team execution of key safety pre-requisite programs such as GMP compliance, sanitation, documentation and record keeping, regulatory audits, etc.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of process improvements and technical developments
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for both management and front-line hourly personnel
- Develops the team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Delivers effective change leadership while driving business changes and minimizing people impact
- Communicates and collaborate cross-functionally to assist the team to solve operational issues
- Motivates team members to achieve plan goals
- Ensures compliance with all health & safety regulations including food safety
- Oversees regulatory audits/inspections to maintain company’s ISO 9001:2015 certification
- Administers policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance at the worksite
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Previous experience within the quality control department in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- to lead a team-based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring skills
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team-building skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in manufacturing, business, operations management, or similar field
- Current certification in ISO 9001:2015
Salary: TBD based on experience
To apply, please send a PDF (no Word docs, please) of your résumé to Gus Dylla.