Urethane Innovators, a growing manufacturer based in New Bern, NC, is seeking an entry level urethane hand caster. In this role, you will report directly to the Manufacturing Manager.
Your primary responsibility is to cast thermoset urethane in molds to form urethane parts. You will also assemble molds using hand tools and operate ovens and mix machines.
Urethane Innovators has built a positive, collaborative environment where all team members’ ideas are sought and valued with regard to solving challenges for our customers. As part of this environment, you’ll work independently and also as part of the team. We highly value a “yes, we can” attitude.
This position requires that you lift a minimum of 40 pounds, as well as bend, lift, stoop and stand for prolonged periods.
- Reading urethane formula sheets, sales orders, and technical drawings.
- Assembling molds in accordance with the job paperwork.
- Material identification, as well as weighing, mixing and vacuuming material.
- Ability to pour urethane; demold parts without damaging them.
- Ability to read and interpret formula sheets, sales orders, and technical drawings.
- Demonstrate proper and safe operation of hand tools, molds and other equipment.
- Easily switch from task to task throughout the day.
- Positively communicate with others on the shop floor.
Education and Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree or certification from a technical school or college is welcome but not necessary. We’re willing to train the right person with the right attitude.