Urethane Innovators, a growing manufacturer based in New Bern, NC, is seeking an experienced Maintenance Specialist. In this role, you will report directly to the Manufacturing Manager.
Your primary responsibility is to perform preventive maintenance on various equipment and systems, which includes casting machines, lathes, mills, ovens, vacuum pumps, sand blasters, and the facility overall. You will also be responsible for scheduling maintenance, ordering repair parts, and maintaining the parts inventory.
Urethane Innovators has built a positive, collaborative environment where all team members’ ideas are sought and valued with regard to solving challenges for our customers. As part of this environment, you’ll work independently and also as part of the team. We highly value a “yes, we can” attitude.
This position requires that you lift a minimum of 40 pounds, as well as bend, lift, stoop and stand for prolonged periods.
- Performing preventative maintenance on equipment and systems throughout the facility.
- Ability to perform maintenance correctly and in a cost-effective manner, without damage to the equipment.
- Scheduling maintenance and ensuring all documentation is up-to-date and accurate.
- Ordering and receiving repair parts and maintaining the parts inventory.
- Mentoring intermediate and entry-level maintenance specialists.
- Ability to read and interpret repair manuals, schematics, and maintenance schedules.
- Demonstrate proper and safe operation of hand tools and power tools.
- Easily switch from task to task throughout the day.
- Positively communicate with others on the shop floor.
Education and Training:
- A minimum of five years of maintenance experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree or certification from a technical school or college is welcome but not necessary.