Urethane Innovators, a growing manufacturer based in New Bern, NC, is seeking an entry level Precision Grinder. In this role, you’ll report directly to the Manufacturing Manager.
Your primary responsibility is to operate multiple lathes and CNC machines to trim and grind urethane parts and covered rollers. You’ll also use lathes and hand tools to strip urethane from cores and prepare cores for casting.
Urethane Innovators has built a positive, collaborative environment where all team members’ ideas are sought and valued with regard to solving challenges for our customers. As part of this environment, you’ll work independently and also as part of the team. We highly value a “yes, we can” attitude.
This position requires that you lift a minimum of 40 pounds, as well as bend, lift, stoop and stand for prolonged periods.
- Reading sales orders and technical drawings.
- Inspecting parts and verifying to sales order before performing work.
- Performing the grinding, trimming etc.
- Using instruments to inspect and measure machined products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret company documents and technical drawings.
- Demonstrate proper and safe operation of lathes and CNC machines.
- Easily switch from task to task throughout the day.
- Positively communicate with others on the shop floor.
Education and Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree or certification from a technical school or college is welcome but not necessary. We’re willing to train the right person with the right attitude.